Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why Hello...

So it has been ages since I have written on here and for that I must apologize. To whom I am apologizing, I am not sure, so let's just say that I'm sorry and leave it at that!

My life has been fairly dull lately, what with currently being unemployed. I've done a few small things such as baby-sit and dog-sit to keep up with the bills, but I'm really looking forward to the time when I have a reliable income.

Tonight (er, this morning) I am thinking about relationships. I have tried my hand at internet dating through a variety of sites and have been repeatedly disappointed. I will meet a nice guy, go on a few dates, and then he says or does something that repulses me to the point that I never want to see him again. Or, as is probably to be expected with online dating, I meet up with a guy only to discover that he did not tell the truth about himself, and I once again find myself repulsed.

And it is not as though I have the worlds highest expectations. Well, maybe that's not entirely true. I do have rather high expectations. I have in my mind the idea of the "perfect" guy for me, and that's probably not fair to most guys out there. However, the idea of settling is just insane to me. I'm a good person, I think I deserve someone equally as good. A physical attraction must also be apparent. He can't be a smoker, and he must not be a sex-fiend who is only looking to get in someone's pants.

So... does that qualify as high expectations? Who knows.

No comments: